Marketing With LinkedIn

    Before I had come to college, I had only heard about LinkedIn a couple times. No one my age at my school talked about it let alone had an account set up. I had no clue what it was about or what it was used for, until I was in Nashville for PRSSA. The other members had told me that is something I need to have and it is vital for success. I had downloaded it after they said that and only about a week ago or so I actually went through and set up my profile. Safe to say I understand the buzz around the importance of LinkedIn.
    To start a Business Insider study states LinkedIn is undisputedly the most rusted platform. With the rise of fake news all over social media it is hard to trust what you are seeing. LinkedIn is the opposite. It is very professional and business orientated, you can go on there to connect with people and reach out. I see it as a more professional Facebook. LinkedIn gets used by thousands daily so it can be a good spot to promote your business and market. In July 2022 LinkedIn lead the paid social media platforms used to distribute content by B2B marketers. While the target age group is not anywhere near mine, I do not think it is a bad idea to start planning for the future and getting ahead. The total ad revenue is $4.4 billion which proves why it is a good place to start marketing for your company or brand. Ninety-two percent of B2B marketers leveraged LinkedIn over all other social media platforms and seventy-seven percent of professionals expect to engage directly with others to find professional content on the platform. LinkedIn is way more professional than most other social media platforms and the people who use it expect it to be that way.
    While only a couple of months ago I had no idea what LinkedIn was or what it would be used for I definitely have a way better understanding and perspective as to why it would be useful. After setting up my profile I have started to connect with people from here that I know but also connect with a lot of people from the social media workshop for more knowledge and other questions I had regarding their presentations.




Comments

  1. I'm the exact same way with LinkedIn. I never thought I would be on the app until I was required to make an account. Now that I have the app, it is definitely useful to connect to others in a more professional setting. I also think it is unique how most of the advertising is business-to-business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LinkedIn is definitely one of those apps that going to be around for years to come, with its advancement in being able to help you find your career for part time or even the rest of your life. You did bring up how the target market isn't near your age so I definitely think they would benefit even more if they lowered or even expanded their target market for younger people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts